Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their
place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction
and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Branch Manager. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistant
and Home Health Aide.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Two (2) years experience, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
6. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills.
7. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the American
Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American
Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American
Physical Therapy Association.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires considerable
physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to
temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must
possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level
required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-
required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors,
blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.