Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
This position administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s). Participates in patient, caregiver, and family counseling and caregiver education. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. The Skilled professional staff whether direct employee of the agency or under arrangement are expected to contribute to all phases of the QAPI program and participates in with ongoing interdisciplinary assessments of patients. The LPN will be monitored and evaluated by the Registered Nurse (RN) in the provision of service, provision of treatments, patient education, and communication with the RN, and data collection regarding the patient’s status and health needs as delegated by the RN. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies. This position will work a full-time schedule, four (4) days a week.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
6. Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
7. Strong communication skills, both oral and in writing, with excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Must demonstrate good customer relations skills and commitment to providing quality service.
9. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
10. On-call may be required.
11. 100% travel may be required.
High School Diploma or GED.
Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100+ pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.