Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Registered Nurse who is responsible for local branch operations with the supervision of home health and
hospice services to patients in their place of residence in accordance with physician orders and strives to
provide the highest quality of care. Skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the
supervision of the Director of Clinical Services. The Director of Clinical Services is available at all times
during operating hours (or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to
professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
Supervises Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide, Medical Social Worker,
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Extensive nursing experience with emphasis in home care preferred.
3. Clinical management level experience with knowledge of P&L and ability to supervise, direct and mentor
4. Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO criteria and standards.
5. Proven ability to handle a satisfactory onsite survey.
6. Acceptance and ability to demonstrate support the core values and goals of Agency.
7. Ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and independent judgment.
8. Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
9. Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, observation, good written and oral communication skills.
10. Ability to demonstrate problem identification & resolution skills.
11. Ability to demonstrate positive customer service skills.
12. Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
13. CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in the Agency office and travels to/from patients homes when necessary. Moderate physical
effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to
temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must
possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level
required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-
required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors,
blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.